Lab 10 Blog

In this project, I used npm to publish my site by following the npm guide. npm guide I created onLoad.js that prints the demo message. I installed my project using the command

npm install text-ssg-tool

Then I updated my package.json file to version 1.0.0 for the initial version release. Then I ran the command 

npm publish 

to publish the site to npm. Then I added the changes in git. Then commited the changes on git. 

Then I pushed the changes on git.

Then I followed the steps in my README.md file to simulate someone else running and testing my program. I noticed a few mistakes in my README.md file. I made the corrections in my README.md file. Then I reran the command 

npm publish

to republish the site to npm. Then I added the changes in git. Then commited the changes on git. 

Then I pushed the changes on git. Then I got a classmate to run and test my program. There was no issues.

My partner had no issues at all with running and testing my program. Everything went flawlessly.

I did not need to correct or make any changes. Throughout doing this project, I have learned how to publish

a site using npm with the command

npm publish

I also learned how make a new release by updating in package.json the version to the next version using the command

npm publish

To install and use my project, run the command 

npm install text-ssg-tool 

to install my project in the current folder. Now you can use my project.

https://www.npmjs.com/package/text-ssg-tool

https://github.com/IvaniGabrovsky/text-ssg-tool





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lab 8 Blog

Octoberfest Week 2 Blog

Lab 9 Blog