Release 0.3 Internal Project blog

For my internal project, I worked in the open source vscode-seneca-college project.

I found that README.md file was not descriptive enough. There was also no CONTRIBUTING.md file. This would be a problem for new contributers. There is nothing to tell them how to contribute to the project and how to install the required dependancies and how to test the project to see how it is working. Issue 8

I created my own fork. Then I cloned from my fork. I created a new branch using the command 

git checkout -b issue-8

Then I ran the command 

npm i

to install the required dependancies into my project repo. Then I typed F5to test the project. I tested to make sure I was getting the hello message as a prompt in a new vs-code window.

A new window will pop up with a hello message. I am now in debugging mode.

I can debug the code to find out what it is doing with the step forward step inward step out of buttons.

Or I can press the red square to exit debugging mode.Then I added instructions in the README.md file to install dependancies and run the project.

Then I added instructions how to contribute to this project in the CONTRIBUTING.md file.

Then I added the changes in git. Then commited the changes on git.

Then I pushed the changes. I created a new PR. 


I learned how to run a vs-code project in a new vs-code window displaying a hello message as a prompt.

issue: https://github.com/Seneca-CDOT/vscode-seneca-college/issues/8

PR: https://github.com/Seneca-CDOT/vscode-seneca-college/pull/13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lab 8 Blog

Octoberfest Week 2 Blog

Lab 9 Blog