Octoberfest Week 1 Blog

For this week, I worked in the Telescope project from Seneca. I added support for bulgarian language to the about page for Bulgarian speakers to being able to get a breaf understand of the Telescope project and how everything works.

I open a new issue for supporting bulgarian language on the overview page. I had to first fork the project. I cloned the project. I created a new branch using the command 

git checkout -b issue-3697 

Then in the directory src/web/docusaurus/ I ran the command 

mnpm i

to install the required dependancies into my project repo. Then I ran 

npm run start

and opened URL 'http://localhost:4631/docs/overview' to explore the about page and see how it looks. Then I created a new directory with subdirectories 

bg/docusaurus-plugin-content-docs 

with the overview.md. I translated the overview page content in Bulgarian. I also added the bg option in the docusaurus.config.js file located in 

src/web/docusaurus/docusaurus.config.js 

I was not sure how to run the docusaurus with bulgarian option. I asked on slack telescope channel. Someone from the project replied with the command. I ran the command 

npm run start -- --locale bg 

to run the about page with the bulgarian option.


I clicked on docs to see the 
overview in bulgarian. Then I added the changes in git. Then commited the changes on git. Then I pushed the changes. I created a new PR. 

https://github.com/Seneca-CDOT/telescope/issues/3697

https://github.com/Seneca-CDOT/telescope/pull/3700

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lab 8 Blog

Octoberfest Week 2 Blog

Lab 9 Blog